DMS provides a range of services, tailored to each grower's specific needs.
With over 500 hectares of leased and managed fruit in the Bay of Plenty, DMS is one of the largest kiwifruit management companies in New Zealand.
Leases range from ground rentals to profit sharing options, combined with management options that are offered on a per hectare rate or on an hourly consultation fee.
All managed and leased orchards are also harvested, packed and cool stored by the DMS team. This total package gives growers peace of mind that their fruit is in expert hands.
When it comes to fruit packing and storage, DMS recognises that every single piece of fruit exported means profit for growers.
As a result, total care is taken in packing and storing fruit, with strong systems developed in inventory management, to ensure DMS offers uncompromising quality.
DMS organises all export logistics in conjunction with its supply chain manager, G4 Kiwi Supply. The key role of G4 Kiwi Supply is the contract and management of the supply of Kiwifruit to the marketer on behalf of the supply entities and their growers. This includes the provision of contract negotiation, packaging allocation, delivery allocation, inventory management, and logistic (port and transport) services.
Kiwifruit services at a glance:
- Consulting and orchard assessment relating to orchard purchase
- Orchard Leasing
- Orchard management
- Harvesting and packing of fruit
- Cool storage of fruit
- Crop Inventory Management
- Provide technical advice and support
- Facilitate the syndication of Investment Orchards
DMS Calendar January 2019
- Continue Psa protective spray programme
- Canopy management: leader work
- GAP Grower inspections
- Leaf tests and foilar fertiliser applications
- Pest and disease sprays - follow spray programme
- Full bloom date
- Male pruning
- AvoGreeen pest monitoring
- Follow fertiliser programme
- Bees out
- Renew AvoGreen contract