As with its kiwifruit operations, DMS is also a professional avocado orchard management and post-harvest operator, providing a full range of services for growers.
DMS has strong working relationships with both its exporter and local marketer, resulting in excellent returns for growers. DMS works hard to ensure its harvest is in accordance with market demand to maximise grower profit.
From orchard advice, through to orchard management and packing, we have all the bases covered and DMS is proud of the results it achieves for clients. Our proven orchard management techniques see outstanding results for our managed and leased properties, with production in excess of industry averages regularly achieved.
Avocados are packed at the DMS Te Puna site, which features a modern grader that incorporates soft fruit handling systems. The fruit is washed with a waterblaster to reduce pest risk in export crops and to maximise packouts.
Avocados – summary of what we do:
- Orchard Management and lease options
Ranging from 50 to 7,500 trees
- Provide technical advice and support
Advice on reducing biannual bearing
- Avogreen pest monitoring
- Maturity testing
- Picking and packing for export and local market
- Cost-effective picking – you save dollars per bin
- Outlet for processing fruit through Avocado Oil New Zealand Ltd
DMS Calendar September 2019
- Continue Psa protective spray programme
- Canopy management: leader work
- GAP Grower inspections
- Leaf tests and foilar fertiliser applications
- Pest and disease sprays - follow spray programme
- Full bloom date
- Male pruning
- AvoGreeen pest monitoring
- Follow fertiliser programme
- Bees out
- Renew AvoGreen contract